- MBBS- Government Medical College, Jammu
- MD- Internal Medicine
- DM Cardiology – KEM Hospital Mumbai
- Fellowships – Interventional Cardiology Mount Sinai School of Medicine at New York, USA
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology, Pacing and Devices – Michigan State University Lansing
- Paediatric Device Fellowship in Hanoi Vietnam
Dr. Amit Bhushan Sharma – excelled in his DM Cardiology with a Gold medal. It is worthy to note that Dr. Sharma was one of the best among many other Doctors who had been invited to join the faculty for the TCT Asia Pacific based in Seoul, South Korea, not for one but three consecutive years (2010-2012). His work has driven and inspired him to meet many people across countries where he had the opportunity to serve as a respected member of TACVI (Training Academy for Cardiovascular Interventions), due to which he has successfully helped guide 300+ Cardiologists hailing from many parts of India, South East Asia, and the Middle East.
As far as Academics is concerned, Dr. Amit Bhushan Sharma excelled in his DM Cardiology with a Gold medal, praised upon him by the eminent KEM Hospital of Mumbai in the year 2007. The KEM Hospital is also one of the many reputed places where he was appointed as a Lecturer in his initial medical journey.
After his fruitful time in KEM Hospital, he went to provide his expertise in Prime Hospitals, Hyderabad, one of the country’s top-notch institutes pioneering in Angioplasty performed by hand (Trans-Radial), where he was offered the position of a Consultant Intervention Cardiologist for the time-period of 1st Feb 2009 to June 2011. Dr. Sharma’s additional talents also include a full-fledged training course where he can successfully perform surgeries to close any sort of holes found in an individual’s heart. He earned this knowledge through his training in Bach Mai Hospital, Vietnam which is also known as the world’s largest center, around the year 2009.
Dr. Sharma eventually underwent a Fellowship within a similar field of Complex Angioplasty and Treatment for Peripheral Vascular Disease in the world-renowned center of New York, Mount Sinai Hospital, located in the USA. The time he spent there from July 2011 to June 2012 taught him a lot about the vast studies of medical science.
- As his wish to learn more grew, he finally decided to join the Lansing Michigan State University, located in the USA yet again, to train himself in Pacemakers, CRT, AICD, and Combo devices. Dr. Sharma’s studies there lasted from July 2012 till July 2013.
- One of India’s first Cardiologists to put forward the World’s Smallest Pacemaker in India without Open Surgery.
- Skilled in Coronary Interventions with over 20,000 successful Angioplasties performed, of which 80% were done by the Trans-Radial method.
- Possesses an exemplary work record in complex Coronary Intervention, Bifurcation Lesions, Rot Ablation, various Guideline Usages, and Left Main Interventions along with Impella Insertion.
- Highly qualified for Trans Renal Denervation of Resistant Hypertension.
- An esteemed expert in the field of Peripheral Vascular Interventions that include Renal, Iliac, Superficial Femoral Artery, below the Knee, and Subclavian Interventions.
- Profound work record in the field of Structural Heart Disease and Balloon Valvuloplasty, in addition to his earned credit for the implantation of the largest ASD device (Cocoon 42mm) in India. The record of the videos is easily available under the name of ASD device closure in Youtube as an easy medical resource.
- Great command over various subjects, even knowledgeable in AICD, Biventricular pacing, Combo Device EP studies, and Ablations.