Knee Pain Treatments
The knee is one of the body’s biggest and most complicated joints. The knee is a joint that connects the thigh bone called the femur to the shin bone called the tibia. The other bones that make up the knee joint are the fibula which is the smaller bone that runs beside the tibia and the patella which is the kneecap.
The links that connect the knee bones to the leg muscles which move the knee joint are known as tendons.
The anterior cruciate ligament keeps the femur from sliding backwards on the tibia (or the tibia from sliding forward on the femur); the posterior cruciate ligament keeps the femur from sliding forward on the tibia (or the tibia from sliding backwards on the femur), and the medial and lateral collateral ligaments keep the femur from sliding side to side.
The medial and lateral menisci are two C-shaped sections of cartilage that function as stress absorbers between the femur and tibia.
Some of the knee conditions are:
- Chondromalacia patella (also known as a patellofemoral syndrome) is a type of knee discomfort caused by irritation of the cartilage on the bottom of the kneecap (patella). In young people, this is a prevalent cause of knee discomfort.
- Osteoarthritis of the knee: The most prevalent kind of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which most commonly affects the knees. Osteoarthritis symptoms include stiffness, knee pain, and swelling, and is caused by ageing and cartilage wear and tear.
- Knee effusion is the accumulation of fluid inside the knee, which is mainly caused by inflammation. A knee effusion can be caused by any type of arthritis or injury.
- Meniscal tear: Twisting the knee causes damage to the meniscus, the cartilage that cushions the knee. The knee may lock if there are large rips.
- Strain or tear of the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament): The ACL is responsible for a major portion of the knee’s stability. An ACL rupture can cause the knee to “give out,” necessitating surgical repair.
- Strain or tear of the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament): PCL injuries can result in discomfort, oedema, and knee instability. Physical rehabilitation (rather than surgery) is typically the best choice for these injuries, which are less prevalent than ACL tears.
All knee injuries should be examined as quickly as possible by a doctor. Physical therapy is frequently recommended to help a person regain a pain-free range of motion. Continuing a fitness regimen is a vital part of treatment. A person with an injured knee is more likely to have ongoing difficulties if they do not receive sufficient therapy. The treatment’s purpose is to reestablish stability, strength, and mobility.
The knee is a complicated joint that is one of the most overworked in the body. It is the biggest joint in the body, essential for mobility and prone to damage. Medharbour is the answer to all your worries about knee pain or knee injury and if you require any form of knee pain treatments. We have the greatest and most experienced knee pain specialist in Gurgaon, and we provide the most effective knee pain therapy. We have the best knee pain treatment in Gurgaon.
Contact Medhbour atto avail the services of manual physiotherapy in gurgaon.